Tuesday 27 August 2013

Tameside Stadium


Tameside Stadium is home to Curzon Ashton.   Curzon Ashton’s average home attendance in the 2012/13 season was 178 people.  They are currently top of the Evo-Stik First Division North, with 12 pts from 4 games. Ashton Athletic's biggest home attendance this season has been 98, so it should be a larger crowd than they are used to. Ashton Athletic are currently 13th in the North West Counties Premier Division with 7 pts from 5 games.      

This is Curzon Ashton's first match in the 2013/14 FA Cup as they received a bye in the Extra Preliminary Round.  Ashton Athletic has already played twice in our Giant Killing Adventure. They drew 2-2 against St Helens Town and then won 1-0 in the replay. Curzon Ashton will be favourites to win the game (they play in 1 division higher than Ashton Athletic), but the FA Cup may have other ideas.  We’ll find out in 5 days (4 sleeps).  

In other news:-

I have started to think about the later rounds when the football league clubs join, (Round 1 Proper) and when the Premiership teams join (Round 3 Proper). I may struggle to get tickets or to travel to games that are far away. So I wrote to Budweiser (as they are the official sponsors of the FA Cup) to see if they could help me. However, I got a reply which told me that they could not endorse unsolicited material in which they have no control over the content - which to me is fair enough as I could put all kinds of offensive things on our blog if I was that way inclined. It is a wise policy for them to have, so I’d like to thank Budweiser for getting back to me and I’ll have to think of another plan.

I’ve found a YouTube site by the journeymen who are also following their own road to Wembley. They are making short films of their matches and have started off with Mole Valley SCR V South Park. It's a bit sweary in places - just a warning to people who are offended by 4 letter words and any kids that might be reading. Click the link below if you are interested in their progress.


Finally the FA has filmed an Extra Preliminary Round match as they followed the tie between Parkgate and Shirebrook Town.  Click below for the FA’s report of that match.


I hope you’ve enjoyed the extras and I’ll see you on Saturday the 31st of August 2013 for our blog’s match between Curzon Ashton and Ashton Athletic.  

No comments:

Post a Comment